View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 09:39 AM   #5
Luvan

Luvan is on a distinguished road
I think there is a large difference between donating money to keep the mud up to the benefit of all and being able to get stats etc to buff your char up with cash. I would play a mud where paying could do things for you, like it could get you a house or a larger locker to store items, or other nice things that wouldnt really make you strong or weak. Even a mud that had a monthly fee just to keep everyone on the same grounds and keep the game running.

I get tired of logging onto muds and the instant my char is done it asks me to read help "donate" or "contribute", where I am depressed to find that someone with a larger wallet than me has the potential to blow my char away with that fat wallet.

I very much wish the muds where seperated by some of these factors, perhaps there would be a filter like there is now for rank that would let you see (ranked) only certian types of muds such as pay to play, pay for perks, completely free (no perks or pay to play).

Even if i was a millionare I wouldnt play a game where I could pay to get further along. It is even more confusing to me when I find these features in an rp game. Oocly you can buff your char with money which they ICly then have, just dosent make sense.

So yeah, I really wish they where seperated, save me alot of time. I mean damn if you are cool with it you are cool with it, why should those of us that dont like it have to filter through?
Luvan is offline   Reply With Quote