View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 04:50 PM   #42
Mason

Mason is on a distinguished road
I guess my biggest problem with the invasion of the pay4play muds is that TMS, I thought, was supposed to be resource for people interested in the mudding community. I don't feel that the corporate muds are a part of this community. None of them ever cared about TMS until they found out they could exploit it for their own usage. It seems quite clear that, to them, this is merely another extension of their advertisements (for free, I might add). And some of them are not above essentially blackmailing their players to vote.

I am of the strong opinion that the best thing TMS can do is ban muds who engage in such embarassingly slimy behavior. At the very least, should the pay4play muds wish to exploit (and make money off of) TMS, there should be a litte $$ sign on the ranking list, so people can know right away what they are dealing with.

The outcome of this debacle, I feel, will determine whether TMS will remain a credible resource for the mudding community, or whether it shall become a whore for the corporate muds.