View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #34
Kaleisha

Kaleisha is on a distinguished road
The mudding world comes in a whole rainbow of colours. We celebrate the unique nature of the many different text based worlds we occupy, yet we insist on using such black and white terms to describe them. Pay or free... Hack n slash, or rpi... pk bloodfest, or pk free. There sees to be little concession to the fact that the muds listed here cover a far broader spectrum.

My mud offers a small thank you for donations, it's small, really it is because if it was actually worth having and gave an advantage to players we'd have more of them donating! yet I've been scolded in the past for calling our mud free. My mud dosn't have perma death so it's been called hack n slash as it doesn't tick all the 'RPI' boxes. I could list alot of things that my mud supposedly is or isn't according to those who see the world in only two shades.

I do have to wonder if all the nitpicking and pedantics is really about wanting to provide the right information for prospective players, or just yet another attempt to discredit certain muds in order to make your own realm look better. I'm not a fan of IRE games, but these constant chest beating matches that crop up every time Matt posts have got me wondering just what the motives are for arguing these points.

I'm all for having a wider range of options as far as the pay or free situation goes, because I do not see how any mud that has ever accepted a donation from a player to help cover server costs can be slotted into the same category as a mud that can be played by subscription only
Kaleisha is offline   Reply With Quote