View Single Post
Old 05-29-2003, 03:16 AM   #23
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Why is a player democracy not possible? Players make the existance of a mud, and imms create the mud. I never understood what makes it so hard, you let your players (considering they are mature and capable enough) to make decisions on how the mud should be ran. The problem with 90% of all imms is they think they are above the players, the wizlists are always caste systems, why? #### if I know, maybe it goes farther back to the first creators of the actual text game, maybe they believed in a caste system. I don't care what the players of Armageddon think of me, I've left but not without stating the way I feel about the staff, which of course will anger most of the staff, and the players, sorry, but I believe that if you can't take the criticism of someone who was repeatedly banned for OOC, for cheating, and for multiplaying and given second chances by multiple staff members, as well as the same person who put up the "Armageddon Cheater's Board" then you probably need to rethink your whole statement of a strong community within your mud. It's not a community, it's players who brown-nose, play characters that live for real life years in a clan that is run by an imm who provides the in character money, all of this at a mud that hails being a harsh desert world, roleplay intensive, roleplay required... no free lunches? I can name safe places in the mud where you can find free food and water in this harsh desert environment. Disgruntlted? No, dissapointed that I put so much time into learning the mud, the players, the world, areas, cities. I can say that it was a good experience, you'll find good players in character sometimes, but I said in my review half or more of the player base are new people just learning how to read and write, using nod, smile, and grin more then the emote command. Yes I was there, and I was banned, beaten, and battered by the staff for my mistakes, nowadays that kind of treatment probably comes rarely, the discussion boards are always open, one can enjoy the luxury of seeing newbie postings every so often, -- well I can't anymore, I think my ramblings have gotten me banned, which proves that I might be feared because of what I know or type, or something. I think I've bantered enough for this morning, though I always loved argueing, especially with admins!
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote