View Single Post
Old 11-11-2003, 09:23 PM   #19
Yui Unifex

Yui Unifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Yui Unifex Send a message via AIM to Yui Unifex
Question

I think I need a bit more convincing than this -- Perhaps if you could site some sources that state rape is "believed to be the most common physical assault crime committed"?

In my own searching, I found:
:Now the cites a report that states "For every rape reported to police, three of ten rapes go unreported.(3)", which is cited from "(3) (The Commonwealth Fund, Commission on Women's Health, Violence Against Women in the United States: A Comprehensive Background Paper. November 1995; 43.)" Multiplying by that ratio, we do not surpass the 62.7% statistic of aggravated assault.

Nevertheless, I do not think that the "It's more common" argument stands up to scrutiny when the shear amount of mud violence is accounted for. As I'm sure most will agree, physical assault is far more common than sexual assault on muds. I don't think I'm stretching reason to say that it is much more likely that someone who has been physically assaulted in real life will be on the receiving end of physical assault role play than it is likely for the same scenario with sexual assault because of this. When dealing with greater numbers arguments, we have to look at both sides to be fair.
Yui Unifex is offline   Reply With Quote