Old 07-05-2016, 10:17 AM   #23
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Honestly, I found the criticism of the game spot on. I actually enjoy playing New Worlds. I like the mini games (fishing, clamming, etc) and the occasional light RP that can be had while doing those activities. But, I wouldn't go there for anything other than "tavern RP". Also, if you are not a "BORGer", you will burn out before you can even join a guild.

I would love it that during Serfdom, a player could be an apprentice, acolyte, hopeful or something before gaining full guild acceptance. Then, the newbie is given a set of tasks and are actually taught about the guild, their beliefs, their mission, etc. When I played, I felt like it was assumed that I was an old player with a new character. I was given pages and pages to read, then expected to write an essay. Almost every question I had was met with "Find out IC" then when I tried to find out ICly, I found nothing but idlers.

I wanted to play a Druid. I don't remember the exact details, but I was sent several long mail messages and my task was to explain the concept of nature or something like that. Where's the RP in that? I would like it if I was tasked with sitting in on sermon or lectures, then providing feedback. Or, given a tenet of the religion and tasked with going out in the world and doing something accordance to that. For example, "Go forth and be awesome to each other". So, I go out and compliment everyone I meet in the streets, then go back to write on how that made me feel or something. Honestly, that seems much more interactive and fun to me. But, each his own.

Also, somewhat related rant. From their descriptions, there's so much Traders/Merchants can do. They control the ships, housings, banks/storage, etc. But, they only focus on descriptions for clothing, food, perfumes. etc. I wanted to be a merchant to RP all types of stuff, but I'm not a good writer (as you may have noticed, lol). Despite this, I actually enjoyed my time applying for the this guild because it was so interactive. It wasn't like that by design, though. It was the typical task mail tag. But, since I had to ask for feedback a lot, I got to follow a few merchants around while I waited for them to be free to help me. I got to RP with both merchants and customers and see what they do on the daily. In the end, I didn't continue since writing descriptions burned me out (I really hate descing, I'd rather just RP).
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote