View Single Post
Old 10-04-2003, 01:51 PM   #14
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
The thing with horizon images, is perspective.

If I'm on a 2-mile long stretch of beach, and there's a mountain range 40 miles off on the other side of the bay, my view of that range isn't going to change from one end of the beach to the other.

The description of the "imbedded" mountain range, then, could be identical in each beach room. Or perhaps, since it's only there for added atmosphere, you might have the mountain object in a specific part of the beach, implying that during daylight hours it's where the waters reflect least on the sand, thus providing the best location for a view of those snow-capped peaks.

Maybe in the surrounding beach rooms, you might have variations of sand and shells - perhaps scattered molusks where the water crashes against an old tree trunk in one place, or an ancient and bloated hull lays overturned a few yards off into the water, its wooden carcass covered with seaweed.

There are a myriad of ways to describe the same basic view of an area. I just absolutely love seeing each room give me something different to notice, even if it's unimportant and trivial.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote