View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
onelife

onelife is on a distinguished road
Question Looking for MUD (heavy on skills) plus need advice.

Hi,

Firs of all, im looking for a MUD with tons of skills. I just love them.
Player base is not that important as long as there is someone online at any given time.
I would like to avoid any sci-fi MUDs, not my cup o tea (even tho few years ago it was a must for me hehe)
Im getting tired of trying them, there is so many and even when on their website is a list of skills , in game usage is very limited (like Batmud)

I read a lot of good stuff about Discworld, but i am not a fan :/

Oh...not too crazy on enforced RP either.
So, in a short summary, MUD with a big set of skills/spells where you can use them ingame and it will matter if you have plants lore or jumping on lvl 20 where every one else is at 10 (you get the point, right? )

Some kind of crafting system would be nice too (skills again^^)

Muds i played so far (2 weeks to 3 months):
Aardwolf, Batmud, IRE muds. Armageddon (way too much RP for me)

I am aware that my list is like a drop in the ocean of muds, but i have to narrow my search, my life span is way too short to try them all for a decent amount of time

The other thing i need some help with is...DragonRealms on play.net (or any other game [mud] from this website).
I know that its pay to play with monthly subscription, my question is...is it worth it? Did any one played them, have some experience, could give me some info, cons and pros...anything?
I could not find any (proper) info about them, anything worth reading is on their forums so its PERFECT according to their players. Need some opinion from...outside ^^

Thanks!
onelife is offline   Reply With Quote