View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #11
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Yet another looking for a mud request

For when you don't find that game that has incredible depth and feel I'll give you the reason for serious roleplaying of hard line Guilds and Quests that aren't giveaways by your fellow adventurers.

1. Guilds.
While I can appreciate independance and wanting to just be in a guild for a social group, I really do not see the point (in a roleplay enforced environment) to have guilds at all that have no rules or you can just join without any roleplay or requirements. Yes, the game should be fun and not tedius, however, if a game is so simplistic you can do anything with little effort the fun becomes short lived. As the old axiom says, "no pain no gain."

2. Quests.
Sort of the same issue here as above. If you can just learn the quest secrets from your fellow player, why have quests at all? "Hey bobby, just take this knife, cut the rope there, and then fish out those rubies! Yeah, like that, good job bobby!" That sort of thing happens on 90% of games and destroys the enjoyment of discovery (in my oppinion).

The reason the above two issues are the way they are on New Worlds Ateraan is because our playerbase enjoy mature, strong roleplaying and the style of the game breeds both.

Every player has an idea of how fun is acheaved and I don't hold the grand answer to that, I just wanted to give an alternative reason for some of your initial questions.

Enjoy the hunt!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote