View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #20
Ghostcat

Home MUD: Unwritten Legends
Ghostcat is on a distinguished road
Re: Unwritten Legends: Searching for Player Testers.

Well, I figured I'd focus on one part of the game that really enhances RP.

Clothing! Thousands of unique pieces from European, Asian, African, Middle-eastern, and American countries.
There are over 18 clothing shops in the main city, all with different themes. You can use a menu based customizing process for many of the products, and the prices are pretty reasonable. A starting player can easily deck themselves out in a very fashionable outfit. None of this paying 5 million for a tunic. *ahem*

You can also view other people's clothing simply by using a possessive noun with the name of the item. "Look Drelk's shirt" for example.
I've never understood why anyone would spend hours of in-game time getting clothing that nobody else can see unless you manually show it to them.

In addition to the stock clothing, special faires happen at least yearly, where you can buy special items. These range from clothing with extremely detailed long (Paragraph length) descriptions, to state changing items that change their short descriptions when you interact with them. My favorite of these is a simple long sleeved shirt. You can roll up the sleeves, open the collar, lace it tightly, and more, while the short description alters with each change.

If you still haven't found your perfect outfit, you can take existing items and spend fame or credit to alter them to your exacting specifications.
Ghostcat is offline   Reply With Quote