View Single Post
Old 03-19-2003, 11:28 AM   #3
enigma@zebedee

enigma@zebedee is on a distinguished road
No offence meant, none taken.

Simply enough Zebedee gives you a chance to be much more casual about it. To be honest, if I wanted some hard core role-play then I would not go on Zeb to do it. Personally I have only limitted interest in role-playing online since I do both Live and Tabletop role-play IRL. Zebedee is a chance to play a game in which I can develop my characters personality as little or as much as I like. In which I can make friends and go adventuring with them - without having to sweat the RP side of it.

You don't need to know the background or the history, you dont need to know where your character is from. You can come on, pick up a sword (or a spell if thats more your style) and start fighting things. If you get bored of a warrior then start playing up a mage, the only restriction is not having both characters on at the same time and not helping one character with another.

Zeb is a multi-player game - and the emphasis is on everyone having fun and playing how they want to play.

Some players do no role-play at all and just come on to make friends/kill things/whatever. Others like to develop little 'character quirks' for different characters, and a few even come up with bits of background and relationships with other characters (for example characters can get married).

We encourage this since we think it adds interest to the game, but at the end of the day not everyone is interested in that side of things - and there are plenty of pure RP muds out there.
enigma@zebedee is offline   Reply With Quote