View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: Threshold - A Year of Massive Content Additions

It's definitely an impressive list. A long time ago, way back in college (we're talking ten years ago), I played Threshold, and I'm willing to bet that if I logged in today, I'd barely recognize the mud. I've been watching from afar as Threshold has smartly morphed into a pay for perks rather than a loose pay to play model, and adopted the very impressive "players are content" motto. It's definitely not the first mud to recognize that players make the mud, not features, but I shed a tiny tear at the truth and succinct simplicity of that motto.

I'm curious: as a working guy, who often plays muds from work (meaning a lot of going idle suddenly or quitting abruptly), and a father with a screaming child at home (meaning a lot of the same when I dare to try to play at home), I had to quit playing muds like Threshold shortly after finishing school, and limit my hobby to extremely casual muds. Threshold wasn't a very amenable environment for quitting wherever you're standing if something comes up in the real world, or for staying involved in the rp scene when most of your playing time includes long bouts of being alone and idle.

Do any of the quality of life improvements over the years make the mud more accessible to a guy like me?

Last edited by SnowTroll : 07-05-2011 at 04:18 PM.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote