View Single Post
Old 08-28-2002, 03:06 PM   #14
AnnOnimous

AnnOnimous is on a distinguished road
AnnOnimous blinks a few times in suprise, "All this over my one little post?"

AnnOnimous says: "All this over my one little post?"
AnnOnimous blinks ... innocently? do I see innocently there when I hit 'blink' on my mud? Hmm... What else do we have here... I see socials that while entertaining and fun for sitting around throwing socials at each other with, many of them say how it's done. I can always find a quick facial expression to use in an emote, so that way not only am I not slowing the rp much (if any) I'm not blinking innocently when it's in suprise, etc. I agree, sometimes the short sweet emotes are helpful, but most of the situations my characters find themselves in aren't high action gotta do it quick before I die type things, and I find it much more pleasant to read or type:

Soandso grins, "Sure!"

than:

Soandso says "Sure!"
Soandso grins.

*shrug* to each their own I suppose, but I realize now that I didn't put the thought needed into the short emote thing (I saw the topic and read it and realized that it was time to get ready for work before I finished posting).

If you've got one other person in the room with you and they've been using two and three liners, why pray tell, since there's no fight for life or glory, would you use a social? To me it just looks like there's no real intrest in what's going on and you just want to get it over with. Just me though.

Anyway... carry on... I can now rest knowing that I've been chastised.

(edit is right here)
The short emotes when long emotes are going on in a laid back environment is especially nerve wracking (to me at least) when the person with the short emotes is trying to gain credibility with a person in an intensive RP guild and so (hopefully) join said guild. *shrug* just an example that popped into my head that's happened to me before on a few occasions.
AnnOnimous is offline   Reply With Quote