View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 12:36 AM   #303
Graeblyn

Graeblyn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Graeblyn Send a message via MSN to Graeblyn
On the probability I am one of those "Low post morons" you seem to believe are shills for IRE, I would like to clarify that I have never played any of their games, but made the immediate assumption that they charged for "something" in their game, or rather than "free to play" they would have just called themselves free. Therefore, it was just a quick perusal of their web site, and what that "something" is became quickly apparent. I decided their credit system didn't appeal to me, and thus I didn't play. I have a feeling I may revisit that decision, because I will be changing jobs soon, and I will no longer have the time to MUD I used to (I can MUD at work presently). Therefore, IRE's model, where my reduced time to put into it doesn't put me at a competitive disadvantage to people who have more free time or can MUD from work, is starting to sound more appealing to me.

Apparently, because this is how I make my game play decisions, I am not very bright. However, I still would much rather rely on TMS and other sites as a mere launching off point and check out the games' web sites for myself, especially given how frequently the profiles on these sites (MUD CONNECTOR, TMS, MPOGD) bear little relation to the actiual game being described. I realize that TMS is said to be a one stop resource, but does anyone REALLY only rely on TMS' information to make their decision?

I would hope, as adults, most of us are more responsible consumers than that!
Graeblyn is offline   Reply With Quote