Thread: ooc cheating
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2003, 10:01 PM   #12
Tavish

Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
No, there is no definition to escape all loopholes.  Human beings can not just automatically forget what they know, which is why trying to eliminate ooc knowledge is a red herring.  Going by your definition if I wanted my new character to know something about the person who killed my old character I could conceivably direct my rp interactionss to draw out that information within the game.  

Administration can catch and punish obvious ooc cheating within the game (or blantant confessions of ooc cheating outside of the game) but really the only way to have an extremely stringent line between ooc and ic is to trust your players and to draw the types of players that avoid using ooc information as much as possible.

It is much the same as a pk enviornment is only as good as the players that are playing.  The high level of skill draws( to some extent creates),  more skilled pkers.  The higher skilled your base rpers are the better your rp is.  If players who use ooc info are constantly ignored they will either learn to get with the program or move on to other places with a less enforced enviornment.
Tavish is offline   Reply With Quote