View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 12:52 PM   #26
Vesper

Vesper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vesper
Cool

It would seem that people who post responses to "reviews" of their MUD are only hurting themselves, not helping.

I don't think many people read and take the reviews seriously. Many of them seem to say the same thing. Good ones rave about the newbie friendly environment and friendly staff. Bad ones rave about cheating immortals and harsh players.

To be honest, I think that most of the people who read reviews are people who play that particular game. They read the review to see what the disgruntled player had to say, then feel the need to defend themselves. A fair option, of course, and who can blame them?

I don't own a mud. If I did, I would be hurt and irritated by the occassional player who flamed my game and my staff and would most likely do what many other muds seem to be doing now: Posting rebuttals to those reviews in the forums here.

But just sitting here, from an outside perspective, it only seems like it hurts the mud owner's game. It draws attention to a review that probably many didn't read to begin with.
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote