View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #30
Yoink

Yoink is on a distinguished road
Re: Breeding grounds for RP?

I made a forum account here just to answer this thread!
Since I was a little kid, I've liked reading. I read books much higher than my 'age-level', and some teachers and such were a bit concerned about that. I've always loved fantasy novels, having had a fascination with medieval times since I was a baby.
Also since I was little, I have loved video games. Pretty much since my hands were large enough to grasp the controls of an Amstrad Pc or PS1, I have been gaming.
So, a few years ago, I was trying to find games to play on the computer, (A very dodgy, outdated computer) and after I crashed my brother's computer several times, I stopped trying to download flashy 3d things, and turned to browser-based games. No graphical MMos really worked, so I had a long period of time suffering at the hands of identical bland, clicking text-based games, like those ones on facebook, only worse.
Then eventually, I found MUDS! I think my first MUD was vampire wars, which wasn't really a RP mud, but I had great fun, even though I was terrible at it. None of my friends seemed to appreciate text-based gaming, which annoyed me terribly.(It still does!)
Then eventually, I found IRE's Lusternia, and was instantly hooked.
At first I was a bit hopeless at RPing (Yay, let's run around attacking fairies, and molesting high-level players because it's FUNNY!), but I was willing to learn, and I've been playing RP muds since, pretty much.
Lately I've been playing Midkemia Online. I love goblins!
Yoink is offline   Reply With Quote