View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #17
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: KaViR is a cyberbully

I orginally wasn't going to post in this thread, but I really can't stomach the thought of accusing everyone who doesn't agree as a "supporter" of KaVir.

KaVir has made it pretty clear that he doesn't like most of the games that I work on or the personalities involved in most of my games, but he has never "bullied" us in any way. He also was the person who found us to be in violation of TMS and TMC voting policies which were resolved. If he were a bully, he could constantly bring this up and drag our name through the mud regardless of whether or not it was an honest mistake or not. Once we remedied our voting policies on our games, it has never been brought up again. And in fact, we've taken a break from voting as a result of our own mistake, not because anyone requested it. That's what you do when you respect the policies put in place on the sites in which you decide to participate.

I find it pretty hard to call him a "bully", and I find myself really calling himself an "enforcer". People who break the rules never like it when they're called to task, but you either rectify your mistakes, reform, or keep on doing what you're doing and disregard the policies in place. You really reap what you sow, honestly, and if people call you to task for it, it doesn't mean that they're bullies. It could very well mean that you're treading on established policies, and people are taking you to task for it.

Bullies try to make you comply to their will for personal gain. Enforcers really just try to make sure the rules are followed. I really don't see where KaVir or Prof have any personal gain in this.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote