View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 02:04 AM   #9
PhasmaInMachina

PhasmaInMachina is on a distinguished road
Re: I'm looking for a new home; RP enforced

Hey Cirion. Welcome back to the MUD circuit and good luck finding a new home.

I'm here from Carrion Fields, a 20 year old MUD that is still being developed, and played today. We might not be the game for you but I will address each of your points in as candid a manner as possible to see if we appeal to you:

- We are RP enforced and players frequently receive character specific rewards for exceptional RP. Our MUD is a classical fantasy type with largely original content and a well-defined world lore.
- There is a faction which is purely RP centric and is aimed at newer players: the Heralds of the Eternal Star. They frequently explore, share information and spend most of their time hanging out role playing.
- We have 17 regular races, 4 current seasonal races that cycle through the year and multiple classes each with subclass options.
- Of those classes 4 are roleplay intensive empowerment classes whereby you are required to follow an Immortal patron, 4 are mage classes and many more have at least a few magic options.
- Our MUD has a level system, though in typical D&D tradition leveling encourages multiple adventurers to band together and role play as they go. It is a good way to build relationships and friendships with other players.
- We are completely free. 100%. No pay for perks, no in game benefits for players who donate. Outside donations keep our game afloat, but they do not factor into in game play at all.
- There is an element of darkness in our game but it does not overwhelm. Things like fairly elite greater undead that evolves from the necromancer class, anti-paladins who channel souls into their weapons, assassins who can stalk their prey and assassinate. There are also darker factions such as Scion: an evil mage sect who have drawn up a power pact with extra-planar beings, or Empire who seek to dominate the world through political and military ambition.
- Unfortunately our system is relatively complex and I will not oversell this aspect to you. We are also a heavily PK based MUD. Though in recent times our extensive community has shifted towards better information sharing to make the game less grueling.

In sum, we are a challenging and extremely detailed, community-driven game but to get the most out of our enveloping environment there will be some learning necessary. If you wish to join our community, or know more you can check out , or send me a PM.

Our MUD details are:

Host: 208.117.43.240
Port: 4449
PhasmaInMachina is offline   Reply With Quote