Thread: Getting Started
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2002, 04:55 PM   #1
JadedWrath

JadedWrath is on a distinguished road
I'm new to mudding but I've been RP'ing for a long while and I was rather curious one morning, (heard a couple of guys talking about it at school) so I stopped by a few sites. Needless to say, as a newbie, the information on creating Muds was overwhelming to say the least. I wasn't prepared to be launched so deep into it all of a sudden.

I'm by no means I programmer, I've designed a website or two and I have minimal knowledge into the usage of most popular programming languages but not the resources or (currently) knowledge to write a program. However, I have both the time and the patience to learn, however I need a place to start.

I've been thinking about starting a Mud, nothing big, only a few rooms, 5 users or so, just to test what can be done.

But I have no place to start, I need lots of links to build my knowledge from the ground up. And don't bother telling me how hard it will be or how long it will take, I'll get it done eventually. It may take a month, it may take ten years, but eventually I should be able to dedicate the required amount of time.

I'm mostly interested in reading up on creating a mud of course. Remember, I know almost nothing at the present, but everybody has to start somewhere sometime and I'm chosing now. I know nothing, I've studied how to play Muds but never how to design them.

Thanx in advance for any links of information you can give me.

- Jaded Wrath
JadedWrath is offline   Reply With Quote