View Single Post
Old 06-28-2002, 10:56 PM   #16
SoEnSo

SoEnSo is on a distinguished road
Okay along time ago me an my buds were actualy talking about how todo this, it was when we first discovered IMC, this was waaay back, we figured if we developed a system like that, it would work..

But we never got into the building phase of it.

You see, the problem with it wouldn't be the player file, thats not a problem, the playerfiles would just store the information of the objects/clans whatever all in ur pfile, it would never really leave your system.

but the problem that would be, would mainly be the security, and the design of the hub... Then the compatability issues. As when your playing the other mud, you'd have to beable to access their commands, inwhich, you would most likely loose functionality to your own muds info. So for each mud online you'd have to write an interpreter for it, so that you'd beable to access the other muds data, and your own. This is what i'd like to call.. The pain.. As writing this would basicaly cause your mind to melt. Each new mud would require an intreter.

Now what about muds like.. Godwars, where you can't be killed unless your decapped.?? There again, more problems arise. Your player, meets on a Rom, with a player from a Godwars.. Now you gotta decap... Theres allot of compatability issues..

So once again, each mud thats online that has 1 simple difference, would require its own interpreter.

Anyways, we came to this conclusion at the wee hours of the morning. Its just my 2 cents, but fact is.. thats how it is.
SoEnSo is offline   Reply With Quote