View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 08:51 AM   #12
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Advertising Woes

I just went back and re-read that link Newworlds, and I'm confused. How does it address the topic at hand here? The topic, in case you glossed it over, is how to advertise a mud. Your link is some tips on how to build a mud, with a strong emphasis on how to be an effective administrator to your crew.

How does one advertise one's mud effectively? Not how does one create one, or run one. Assume one is already created, and now you want to get players.

Word of mouth works..but also college geek clubs are a vastly underappreciated resource. D&D hobbyists, creative writing groups, fans of interactive fiction, computer tech classmates. The ones who have been taught, or learned for themselves, appreciation of the written word. If you're in college, and have access to a main dorm gathering area of a large dorm, you could even hold a mini-seminar on what a MUD is. You could even turn it into a class project in sociology or public speaking, to see how a person can bend an entire group to his will or - in layman's terms, how to be influential and pursuasive.

I really think college is a huge undertapped market.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote