View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #2
shevegen

shevegen is on a distinguished road
Re: Genesis MUD - Save your time, Play elsewhere

I do not know the admin of Genesis; neither do I know Genesis really.

Making thus any comments is difficult since I can not come to any objective comment.

I used to play oldschool text MUDs starting in ... 1994 or so, I think. Mostly playing only two LPC-MUDs.

Retired, or rather forced into retirement, some years ago. And this time I have to say, enough is enough -
I won't play games in general where people can ruin the game at any moment in time through CODE
CHANGES.

If I look back, what usually ended my time were people with a wizard account in general.

Not necessarily any targeted harassment against me per se, excluding one temporary admin (who, about two years later, was gone from the MUD anyway), but more specifically due to the fact that all code is the monopoly of a few.

If you have very clever people in charge then this is not a huge issue. But after having played for quite a long time, having seen things going on, at the least in two MUDs but possibly in others too, I have to say - egoism and idiocy prevails.

You can have 9 nice people and then a single idiot spoils it all.

It would be nice if games would have some rules that are being followed at all times when it comes to the people who hold the monopoly over the game code.

Last but not least to Glantri - what were the names of those that were purged? This is the first step, the identity - otherwise this remains an anonymous complaint really.
shevegen is offline   Reply With Quote