View Single Post
Old 09-17-2002, 07:42 AM   #4
John

John is on a distinguished road
I'm not an Imm, but I've seen a few Muds and I'd have to say that the current Mud I'm on now, which is an RPI mud, has virtually no OOCing.

Is your Mud heavily based on RPing? If not then I don't think this should be a problem, but I'm assuming it is. On H&S muds, I've run away cause of the spamminess of global chats, so perhaps a way to combat it, is to have the default for global channels (except for a newbie one) set to off, so when new commers come, they won't be tempted by them.

And also have an OOC command that is restricted to the room only, this way people can OOC when it's neccessary but not abuse it.

Also, create a Message Board on your site or even a chatroom. If you can't create a message board then sign up for a freebie and link to it. This would allow people to get it out of their systems.

But just a question, why do you use global channel anyway? Any global (IMHO) is an OOC thing, unless you have something that makes sense for it within your setting, I wouldn't know I haven't played it. But in the game I'm in, there isn't ANY global channels.
John is offline   Reply With Quote