Thread: Seeking Writers
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 12:59 AM   #9
Maldrantus

Maldrantus is on a distinguished road
Re: Seeking Writers

Interestingly, one of the creators of one code base I'm considering is blind, and so the thought has been on my mind. However, with the way space combat works, I don't see any way it can be translated into audio effectively. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't have enough experience right out of the gate with text to audio to do something like this without help from someone else who has worked extensively with the topic. I'll look into Miriani and see what they've done, but as of now, I'm not sure how it could be done well.

It may be possible for basic, simple flight information to be auditory so that basic transportation can be made, but if a visually impaired player were attacked by a skilled enough pilot, I don't see much that can be done.

Hopefully I can release more information regarding space mechanics very soon, which may clear up the ways it can be implemented effectively. I would, of course, love to hear some ideas when I reveal space/mech combat from those who have experience dealing with text to audio in MUDs.
Maldrantus is offline   Reply With Quote