View Single Post
Old 01-01-2003, 01:33 PM   #4
Terloch

Terloch is on a distinguished road
Being that I'm actively on these forums, and don't mind answering questions in general about things that I, my game, or players do, I will take the nebulousness off "A certain mud in the top 10". I am fairly sure DSer's comment is based on Feudal Realms' website and our donation link.

Firstly, if you are going to quote the page, quote everything on there, including the disclaimers.

Feudal Realms does do advertising, on this site, which is $100.00 a month, and our server costs are around $40.00 a month. Other than members of my staff pitching in, we have recieved one donation of $30.00 from a long-term player on November 15th, which went into the kitty to pay for that month's advertising. I do keep records of any and all donations, and as my webpage states, there is no profit being made, no in-game benefit, or anything of the sort, other than a thanks to the person in question, and if they wish, the posting of their real name on the donation page.

Accepting donations for server costs and advertising is not against the ROM license, and if you think that I make a profit running Feudal Realms, well, please pass the bong over...

Terloch
Terloch is offline   Reply With Quote