Old 01-10-2006, 03:28 AM   #307
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
Insult flinging on either side does not really help keep pure the intentions of this discussion, which has become to advocate changing the listing system to show players using TMS what kind of MUD they are playing, economically-speaking.

While the word 'moron' is not good to use when trying to push for a positive change(I don't think it's a good way of handling things) neither is showing close-minded, conservative bigotry by calling people "communists." I've watched several people(including myself) be labelled as communists on this thread, and I think it's silly.

A) I am not a communist, though I am liberal and capitalistic.

B) Communism is not a source of evil, or something that should be used as an insult. MUDs are played internationally, and some countries who play our/your games may live in communist nations. Beyond that, some players may actually believe in communistic ideals, and I think it's openly bigotted to use their ideals in negative connotation.

Summary; let's stick to the issues. Sometimes heated words will get thrown around, but let's not allow this to be the focus.

Question; are there any non-IRE/Threshold players/admins in this discsussion who are against color-coding? If so, why? I already know why the others are.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote