View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #91
Genesis

Genesis is on a distinguished road
Re: Let's try this again...RP MUD

Darren... just... lol. Sometimes you say things, bro, and I don't even know where to start correcting you.

Since this is the only thing you've posted in 3 pages of this thread now that has anything to do with this discussion I suppose I'll reply to this.

And you're right, actually (see, I knew you could do it sooner or later). Marrach is, in numerous ways, precisely the type of MUD the OP is not looking for, and surprisingly for a number of the reasons you posted.

That said, it's amusing that you simultaneously advise against CM while recommending ICO when ICO is essentially the exact same genre of MUD (a political drama) owned by the same company, only set in an anthromorphic renaissance instead of a high fantasy medieval setting. I'll lend you some credibility that ICO is slightly more system based than CM, having a lot more free reign on crafting systems and so on, but it's still a roleplay-enforced opera highly centered around politics between guilds and noble houses (all things the OP indicated he wanted not to deal with). The same reasons why I would recommend against CM are why I would recommend against ICO, not that either of them are bad games, they're just not what the OP has asked for.

The rest of your posts not only have absolutely nothing to do with this thread (it's like there's an echo in here) but are so far from being accurate I wouldn't even know where to begin correcting you even if they were. Please keep your comments related to MUDs in general and their relation to the criteria the OP listed as opposed to your own unrelated personal gripes and experiences and how you think you were treated unfairly.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote