View Single Post
Old 12-08-2003, 04:25 PM   #6
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Breaking my own rule about not doing anything but posting announcements here: Because they don't happen on TMC or TMS. How many head admins of the most popular muds post here regularly? There's a reason for that absence and the consensus among said admins is that there's very little practical and useful discussion here. They're always sidetracked by people with strong opinions but no real-world experience to back it up. We'd just like to be able to engage in practical discussion with other knowledgeable people without having to deal with children who post things like (in response to us donating money to charity):

Soljax wrote:
That sort of thing really says it all to me. *shrug* A lot of people just aren't interested in forums that allow that kind of post and that kind of person to participate.

Actually, I didn't know that was an option. I've never run forum software before. I'll look into that though and ask the other forum members how they feel about having their discussions open to everyone. The downside may be that forum members grow less willing to share semi-confidential information with each other due to the fact that they don't know who is reading their posts.

If you've got other questions, feel free to mail me at I won't respond here.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote