Thread: SEX!
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 08:10 PM   #137
Shane

Shane is on a distinguished road
I don't think it is possible at all to prevent blowups totally.  Often times people do not even know they are going to grow attached beforehand.  I think the real key is ongoing communication throughout the rp period over which the romantic/sexual rp is continuing, being sure people are on the same page.  That way things don't go too far in the wrong direction before you get an opportunity to redirect.

I find people who complain that they somehow continually hurt other people's feelings and never seem to get their own hurt, who then blame the other people for the situation without being able to see the pattern of how somehow, magically, they are the one that always ends up sqiggling off with the other person all upset and confused to be the least easy to have this sort of rp with.  Often their policy simply becomes one of, "thou shalt not expect anything of me."  

For myself, I have ended up just not rping anything terribly emotional with anyone who has that sort of thing in their +finger.

Heh, I was just remembering, one of the best ever rp's of this sort was with a happily married lady. She was up front about that from day 1, and also was up front that her husband knew she did that sort of thing, though I suppose you could imagine she was lying. But it turned out she was infinitely reliable in every other way from polite warnings before sudden disconnects to having the presence of mind to at least let me know if she was going to be gone at a time when we had agreed to rp. I have had I don't know how many partners who say, "see you tomorrow," then they never show up and when they come back it's like, "oh, I just meant goodbye." Well, say goodbye then, silly goose! You leave a person holding off other rp if they think you're going to show up.

And if there WAS no time agreed upon, and I did have something else going, she was never a pouter about it either.

All of this ease of play and all that was required was open communication.

I don't know. That's what works best for me.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote