View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 03:22 AM   #105
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
I feel I need to comment on this, and that too will be my conclusion:

It is true that I am no big fan of Matt Mihaly. I am not alone in this sentiment, and it is based on a long number of events over the years, where he in my opinion has acted inflammatory and/or unethically. Some things that come to mind are the cheesy ads he used to run, where certain fictive persons voted Achaea the #1 mud in the world, some very inflammatory remarks about builders, and above all the thread he started and very actively carried out, where he urged everybody to break the Diku licence by going commercial, because according to him the wording in the licence was not strong enough to stand up in court and the 'intent' was nothing people needed to worry about.

When I read something on the boards that I don't like, I usually react and reply to it in some way. That's what discussion boards are for, I thought. If he wants to call this 'totally unprovoked attacks ' that is his interpretation. He is very apt at interpreting other people's posts in ways they were never intended. If I 'attacked' him more than others on the board it is because he has managed to post more things that annoyed me over the years than any other poster. Plain and simple.

Since he brought up the pedophile story again, I suggest that you all go back and check out WHO brought that pedophile into a totally unrelated discussion, and who said what and when. What  I did was comment on his own exact words. I didn't think his raccount of how he handled the situation was appropriate, and that is also what I said.

For the record, I have never even visited Achaea, which is probably a good mud, it's the owner and his actions I have a problem with. I also find his pun about me not liking Hungarians pretty insulting, but that is no more than I expected from him.

I am not going to apologise to the board, because I don't feel that I have anything to apologise for. I posted a true story of an incident that happened on my own Mud, as an illustration of how easy it would be to cheat with the votes. He took it up from there, and yet he claims I attacked first?

I'll end this with a quote from a note he sent to me by Messenger (no, not the one where he threatened to sue me, if I didn't hold my tongue):

Molly is offline   Reply With Quote