View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 11:15 AM   #1
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Love of Small MU*s

Are there any of you out there who love playing on small, new games just for the sheer challenge of it? I know that a lot of people look for big muds because they want more people with whom to interact, but are there players out there who deliberately look for smaller muds?

I know that I really enjoy new (usually smaller) games simply because I love the challenging aspect of building up the world (economy, crafting, etc.) along with being a ground breaker. When I started playing my first mud, their average player size was around 20-25 people at peak times. Most of the time, the numbers hovered around 10-15. The mud grew REALLY fast, though, but I got to be there for when gear that is considered weak now was the BEST GEAR EVER!!!!

Several of the graphical games that I played were so much fun to play when I was struggling for every piece of resource and coin I could find. No one could power level anyone else because we were forging our way into the "new world". After the games grew established, I often got bored unless there was something else, like PvP, to catch my interest.

If you like smaller muds or new games, speak now! (Does that sound too bossy?)
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote