View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 11:40 PM   #9
Terloch

Terloch is on a distinguished road
Saren,

Being that I've never played DragonRealms, I'm not going to even start comparing or judging on quality. Guru said one thing he's looking for is customized code, of which there is a LOT of to be found out in the free mud world. I'm not about to get in any ****ing match with any pay-players (or admins) about which is better or which has certain attributes. I simply really tire of the argument that simply because a mud is pay to play that it is better than one that is free to play, and I agree with the comment about paying for things on a "free mud". If I'm going to pay to play something, I expect to be on an even par with everyone else simply paying to play on the game in general, I have no problem with the subscription method whatsoever. What I have huge issues with are games which are technically free, but which you can purchase (or sometimes NEED to purchase) items to make oneself more competitive, or competitive in the first place. I could honestly care less if some place has some great features if they have a system where you can buy your way to being better instead of having to earn it through skill. And yes, I'm sure someone will flame me for this POV, but I really don't care, it's my opinion and I'm holding to it...

Terloch
Terloch is offline   Reply With Quote