View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #13
locke
Banned

Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: KaViR is a cyberbully

It's not theft to claim one's work as one's own. Furthermore, Locke was once a thief character in a game.

Not true. I've never completely stripped their names from any version of NiMUD, The Isles, etc.

Not true. Part of copyright law provides "Fair Use" -- which is why YouTube keeps winning lawsuits even though most of their content is owned by other people and was used without their permission - solely because the length of the video was so short.

Yes, and by doing so you burned Alexandria. Aren't you just a bit liberal with your delete key, fascist?

Whatever, man. It's a double standard and you're the hypocrite in charge.

Despite your attempt to create a rumor as such, I've noticed my code is in a lot of MUDs these days -- a snippet here, a snippet there -- Newt's contributory NiMUD combat system, for one, has found its way into dozens of servers. Also, there are other popular snippets including a derived NiMUD money system, which have found their way around. OF COURSE, our OLC is was and has always been a very popular OLC and one of the first complete OLC packages despite claims people have made to the contrary. OLC is a part of an entire branch of MUDs starting with ROM, and also found its way into GodWars, Dystopia etc .. not to mention other MUD softwares and individual server copies.

I never violated the Diku license, I merely interpreted it differently and I was not the only one who interpreted differently in the same way that it became interpreted by me. You have decided to single out those people and for that reason you should be ashamed because the destructive nature of ostracizing or marginalizing people and their work is as unethical as the claims you are purportedly making.

Pot calls kettle black = same diff dude

He most certain does as you are one of those. So are others on MUD Connect, I know who you are -- you are the voices of maybe a half dozen people -- a gang of bullies, a den of trolls - and perhaps a sockpuppet or two thrown in. That does not describe the "entire mud community" nor even a great percentage.

Well, I just caught him in a lie like 10 minutes ago. IS lying ethical? A question you should ask yourself as you spread more and more lies.

6 people I would say support KaVir, 2 of which are his other personalities or psuedonyms.

You've just ignored the people who have come to my defense. You know the truth is that people come to me on my mud all the time to talk about their code etc and about these issues. They don't like KaVir, and they don't post here or on TMC because it's always you guys coming to bully people. I looked at some of the other threads that Craytylus and Macademus were posting on on TMC, and it seems like they pick their targets and bully up MUDders all the time, insulting them and writing insults and being snobs.

The same could be said of you.

Not at all. Their copyright notices have always appeared in their files, and their credits have always appeared in the help files, excepting the "credits" command for a period because that was OK before and now you losers are going around deleting things because you've taken it upon yourselves to do that sort of thing.

There is a marked difference between taking a short piece of code and leaving their copyright notices in it, and being forced to prominently credit them because you're using their software as a whole.

Makes no sense.

Not at all. Nope, I've always credited them in at least one spot in every single release I've made.

Doubtful. See, this is where you begin to become predatory and a bully in the most obvious way. You resort to personal attacks, instead of focusing on the key issues. It's too bad you're unable to communicate in any more sophisticated ways.

A free game has little to do with one's self-worth.

Well, perhaps we're all a little like each other.

How mature. The thousands of people who have used my software are a testament to the opposite.
locke is offline   Reply With Quote