View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
rosareven

rosareven is on a distinguished road
Hello from a lurker

Hello fellow mudders,

I'm a relatively new and casual mudder, who has been lurking between this forum and mudconnect since 2007. I finally decided to sign up on this forum because of

I'm not (yet) devoted to any one particular mud. My playing schedule has been something like: logging on perhaps three times a week for about an hour each, while in between other games, other hobbies of mine, and the cruelty of work that keeps me fed IRL. That classifies me as a very casual player that no body really knows, anywhere.

I enjoy roleplay very much, and naturally RP mud is the category I look into. However after experiencing drama and disputes from pretty much every RP community that I walk into, I have, since last month, decided that I will have no more hardcore RP, ever again.

Sorry if that sounded off like bashing - that's absolutely not my intent. My intent of mentioning that is that I think I fall under the group of a minority breed, the group that falls in the grey zone of non-RP and hardcore, realistic RP. I've been searching for a RP mud that is just that, no stereotypical violence; conflict being only limited to obvious in-character malice; no highly exclusive lore which results into community arguements, just a generic world that people can RP whatever they like in mutual peace and fully understood consent/respect.

Apparently, that type of mud does not exist.

What I've been seeing from the mud community, when it comes to the topic of RP mud, is that either it is non-RP supported or highly involved RP that "you log on and be expected to devote as much time as you can for the RP community or don't RP at all". The mindset of the latter has been coming off to me as quite scary, but as a minority that I realised myself to be, I think I'll just have to continue to jump between muds from these two extreme categories.

I've also considered making my own mud that I've always wanted to play, but considering the time I spend on playing mud, I can't hope to make anything beyond a simple item.

Anyway, sorry for rambling my head off here. It's just something about muds and roleplay that I've always wanted to spill out. I'll continue to lurk the forums now and may be, just may be, you'll see me stopping by the mud you play for a few minutes =D
rosareven is offline   Reply With Quote