Thread: Lost Wishes!
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #25
Vaan

Vaan is on a distinguished road
Re: Lost Wishes!

In attempt to get past the drama created here I'll quickly touch upon a couple of what I consider Lost Wishes' strengths.

-A tight-knit community who are all here to have fun. The people here are quite friendly despite the previous transgressions you may have read. The atmosphere is very social and you're free to interact with whomever you wish on multiple chat channels with no RP implications in doing so. This makes for a fun light-hearted setting and allows the players to get to know one another.

-Guilds that are actually pretty interesting. I've found the guilds and skillsets therein to be pretty unique here. Different wizards were assigned to building specific guilds so many of them have a uniqueness factor and aren't just carbon-copies of other skillsets with different text flavor. They do go through a balance check by all administration to try and keep power in balance. You'll find some guilds here that you don't see on many other MUDs - Elementals (different from standard mages) Acolytes (dark priests) Werewolves, Golems, Gargoyles, Necromancers, Engineers and Wayfarers (Ranger/Beastmaster type) They also offer many of the classics such as Mages, Clerics, Bandits, Gladiators, Good and Evil Knights (Dragonspawn and Blackdragon, respectively) The guild skills are straight up fun to use as others have mentioned. A lot of color and description in each skill if that's you're thing. It makes fighting quite fun and helps take away from the tedium sometimes.

-Tons of well-written areas, most of which feature integrated quests along with them. I personally found it fun to do the quests once you get the hang of them. Many provide a unique line in your description and I found it an addicting challenge to collect as many as I could.

-The overall design of the MUD. To put it simply, it's a pretty world with a convenient compass-map to help with movement. One thing I enjoy about LW is that it's colorful without being ridiculous. Some of the skills are colorful but when simply moving around the world it's seamless and cohesive. Much of the world is accessed via sailing which I think is a cool touch to the game. Each continent hosts tons of areas and a home city.

-Endless content. There's not a regular level cap and though there is a maximum 'guild level' for some of the guilds, this is normally VERY difficult to reach. (Years of hard work) and in the past if too many reach a maximum level, the wizards will add new content with new skills to attain.

Overall this is a fun MUD for the social, PVE hack and slash type crowd. You don't have to take it too seriously but you can also get into your character as the guilds are pretty interesting and well-written. Give it a try if these are things you look for in a MUD!
Vaan is offline   Reply With Quote