View Single Post
Old 04-19-2002, 01:20 AM   #8
Savinien

Savinien is on a distinguished road
Yo,

I've been RPing now for about twenty years. It started in the late 70s with the popular boxed set of D&D. A few years later and puberty and I was running my own games. A few years after that I was branching out into other systems, I'd say that right now, 2nd ED D&D, HERO 4th, and MERP are probably my favorite systems. (I don't think any of the sci-fi games were very good, but I've always been more fantasy than science minded anyways.)

The next chapter: I found MUDding with Terris on AOL -before- they were unlimited. I still remember that party I threw when they went unlimited for 20$ a month! Anyways, my wife eventually graduated and we moved back to hicksville that had no AOL. Terris was out of the picture and I found this little hole in the wall called South of Heaven. It wasn't great but, we made due and had a lot of fun with it. I then went searching for the hallowed perfect MU* (though, I called everything MUD back then).

I'd say hundreds of MUDs later. Sometimes as a player and sometimes as staff I was still searching. Eventually, a fella known as Platinum from TMC replied to an email request and turned me onto FEM. It was a dream come true. A real tabletop environment in a 24-7 environment. I eventually even became a member of the staff, hoping to give back a little of what I'd been given. Alas, it was not to be, things change, and time passes you by.

I found the next best thing to the RPI MUD and began to look over the other side of the fence, MUXes and MUSHes. consent has always been a killer for me and it just doesn't sit well with my table-top background. I stuck with an OT game called Azhad and I'm working on a new Dumas' spawned OT MUX called Outremer. Hopefully, if I can't find the perfect place, I'll help build it myself.

SaVinien
Savinien is offline   Reply With Quote