Thread: Crafting system
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 11:26 AM   #19
Ashon

Ashon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Ashon Send a message via AIM to Ashon Send a message via MSN to Ashon Send a message via Yahoo to Ashon
KaVir always has great ideas on crafting, but he's making a pure PvP game? *boggle*

So, I'm going above and beyond. I want to add in artistic skills. I am planning on implementing a painting/drawing skill in my game (when I get to the skills).

The way it works: the skill creates an object which describes a scene, which can be traded, mounted in houses, sold, stored in a gallery, or whatever.

So a painter, stumbles into a room and sees a combat going on between bubba and the dragon. Painter types: paint battle. The skill then buffers the battle from that point on, and extracts any extra-ordinary actions happening, or if nothing does, it creates a string based on the victory conditions.

Or a painter can do a portait of another character. And the stance/pose, clothes of the character, and their current level can determine the quality of the painting.

Add into it, the quality of the canvas, the type of tools being used. And the collector/hoarding aspect of it, and I think it makes for a good basis of fanciful skills: Poetry, Storytelling, Songwriting, Pottery, etc...

Thoughts?
Ashon is offline   Reply With Quote