Thread: $20 (USD)/Zone
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2003, 11:43 AM   #54
Cyllan

Cyllan is on a distinguished road
Well, I am a programmer, I work as a programmer and I thing my work is worth quite a lot of money. And I think my work cannot be done by everyone. You need training, an a certain kind of mental abilities. But training will help quite a lot, even making you a good programmer if you give it time enough. Almost everybody can be a programmer if interested and dedicated enough.

I value builders just because I wouldn't be able to do their work, as I lack the skills. Nobody can be a builder only by training. As we're talking about text muds, is very important the way the builder describes each room, and is a big work. You can learn to make programs, you won't learn to write well unless you're somehow a bit gifted in this aspect.

So, if you think a zone by someone will be great for your mud, act as if it were a work of art and buy it at the right prize the builder wants to sell it. But paying only $20 per zone will only attract the kind of people who would do it for free, and who probably will never do anything with the zone besides giving it to you. So... the copyright thing is giving it too much importance than it has.
Cyllan is offline   Reply With Quote