View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 04:02 PM   #10
Fizban

Name: Brandon
Home MUD: The Builder Academy
Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Fizban is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry, but this is the biggest joke of a game I have ever heard of. I'm the type of player that LOVES games with multiple paths, perhaps with some even being harder than others. But for one path to literally be impoosible because the theme of the game is that the Christians always win is an absolute joke. The type of games that I have played that I did enjoy in fact usually went in the exact opposite direction from what this game is doing. For in stance in shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne there is an alternate story line choice that at the end of the game adds one more boss, which is Lucifer. It is not to say that at the end of the game you defeat Lucifer to further the cause of good, you can fight Lucifer as a test of sorts and if he deems you to be worthy you can join him. (Yes, I'm sure any Christians are appalled by that ending in a game, or the fact that that is the hardest ending to attain, because that thematically infers that Lucifer is stronger than god which is techinically the normal final boss of the game.) I personally wouldn't ever play the game, but I also don't find an issue with the fact that the game has a strong Christian theme, I think the game should exist, then again I think all videogames should exist, because whether I like them or not, someone does. Yes, that standpoint does go the point that I would be fine with a satanist themed game coming out (that was realistically built on the concept of Satanism, not just stereotypical evil baddies.) In fact I'd rather see Satan themed videogames than christian themes games, because Satanists would play the game and be happy, while the Christians whined that such a game shouldn't be allowed to exist. On the other hand Satanists likely wouldn't care if a Christian themed game was released because in the religious world it is Christians that have made up the majority of the bigots I have met.
Fizban is offline   Reply With Quote