View Single Post
Old 04-30-2002, 09:06 PM   #35
Mason

Mason is on a distinguished road
Sigh.  You wish to tangle with me?  That is fine.

First.  I said ALL of your threads, thereby including your old ones.  You have many times on your old ones ^bumped^ the thread to the front of the page.  Moreover, it is quite clear on these new boards that you have bumped your thread numerous times.

Second.  You want to get technical?  If you would like to debate the intricate details of a post and try to flame me for what might be considered a slight exaggeration to make a point, let what is good for the goose be good for the gander:  Who has 60 separate threads advertising for staff?  No one.  However, your thread on the old boards was quite numerous!  If you have numerous positions available then put it in ONE post.  Not 20.  It seems, therefore, you are guilty, if not more so, for the same violations of which you accuse me.

Finally.  You refuse to acknowledge that your actions on this board have troubled many who have taken note of your frequent posts that seem to offer nothing other than a way to increase your number.  Your continued resistance to change your ways in response to those who complain about your spamming displays immaturity and disrespect.  As much as you may believe it contrary, these boards are not your personal playground.  They are intended to be used as a dialogue for the MUD community.  Instead, you feel the need to insert posts with one-word and fragment sentences to gain another star next to your name.  

In these instances, perception is reality.  And all anyone sees about you is a spamming, immature poster who continually engages in mindless flamewars, disrupting what little community is left on these boards.  

This is free advertising granted to you.  As such, it would occur to most people to exercise common courtesy in deference to the other MUDs that also wish to attract new staff.  It appears quite obvious to me that your peanut-sized brain fails to see what is the inevitable conclusion if we continue upon this path.  Players and Imms would just constantly bump their MUD to the front page, accomplishing nothing other than discouraging those who truly care about mudding, more than likely causing them to leave TMS altogether.

I suppose I can't stop you from continuing your ways.  But at the very least, acknowledge that you are by far one of the worst spammers on here.  If you fail to recognize that, you truly are selfish.  For as much as it might pain you, one day you will have to realize that you are not the only person that matters and that other people have a right to their opinion, too.