View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
nasredin

Name: Boris
Home MUD: ArcticMUD (mud.arctic.org 2700)
nasredin is on a distinguished road
Re: Searching for a MUD I can waste my time on.

You should definitely have a look at ArcticMUD.

Yesterday when I logged on there were 110-130 players on-line (and that's real human players sitting at their keyboards - we have policies against completely automated bots or multiing and we do enforce them).

The MUD exists since 1992, our code is tested and fully operational. New features are added often, but one at a time. The theme of the world is Dragonlance, the continent of Ansalon is huge (hundreds of areas, >25 000 rooms) and has a lot of places to explore, riddles to solve and treasures to loot. Certainly, there are some big and nasty Ancient Wyrms waiting in their lairs for food... err... for a group of brave adventurers.

Recently, we added additional support to help the new players, when prompted to create a new char indicate that you're a newbie in Arctic. Don't hesitate to ask the immortals for basic help or just post your questions on our forum.

You may choose the career of a warrior, a mage or a thief etc. Each of our 10 classes is different with unique skills and spells which leads to different playing styles. Some classes have paths: a scout may choose to be a mountain scout or an ocean scout, a paladin may advance to a Knight of the Crown, a dark knight that serves Takhisis well may become a Knight of the Lily.

Arctic is famous for unrestricted pkill and devastating clan wars. When not fighting each other, the clans come to the most difficult zones and fight the toughest mobs to get points to be used for enhancing their castles.

Certainly, there is much, much more but the post already gets long. Visit us and see everything yourself!
nasredin is offline   Reply With Quote