View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #16
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: What do you think happened to LPmuds?

I am going to assume this is a real question and not just a flippant, sarcastic remark. I hope I am right.

First, the thread title is "What do you think happened to LPmuds?" If there are tons of LPmuds out there flourishing, and new ones being created frequently, then a valid answer is "They are doing fine <insert examples>." Since nobody seems to be saying that, then my belief that LPmuds (and the use of LPC) are fading seems to be somewhat accurate.

Second, I have a very nostalgic interest in the topic of LPmuds and LPC, and thus I pay attention to what muds out there are LP-style. Since I see very few of them, and I hear about new ones even less frequently, that just lends evidence to my hypothesis. Every now and then I will read about a new mud, or a mud looking for coders, and they will say "We use MudOSand LIMA" and it is actually a shock. It makes me think "Wow, I don't hear that very often!" Compare that to how often you hear someone say their mud is Smaug or Merc or ROM or something like that.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote