View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 05:15 PM   #7
wantacookie

wantacookie is on a distinguished road
Re: Deck Chairs on the Titanic

The player bears responsibility most assuredly. BUT and this is a big BUT, players like that need to be TOLD to knock it off and, if they do not they need to be dealt with in a timely manner. The problem is, when you have a very clever player who is also a jerk (for lack of a better term). They know how to toe the line without actively breaking the rules. In that case, oftentimes, staff feels as if their hands are tied.

I stopped playing a game because of one such player. Not a group of players, but a single player. I was not the only one who stopped playing because of it and because of the apparent lack of action on the part of staff to curtail the player's behavior. It was only after they were banned I played again, but it wasn't the same. Something essential had already been lost at that point.

It was pretty sad, really. Staff disliked this player greatly and yet this person still ran the show. Such is the power of manipulation. What was even sadder was this person saw a group of what they perceived to be 'favored' individuals and set out to 'destroy' them. A shame the so-called 'favored' group of players could not 'force' staff to get rid of one causing so much angst and dissent in the game. I guess they weren't so favored after all.
wantacookie is offline   Reply With Quote