View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #12
Leech

Name: John
Home MUD: The Inquisition: Legacy
Leech is on a distinguished road
Re: Advanced AI in MUDs

...I'd personally have a blast with my character eavesdropping on "generic customer #extra small" with a friend. Boy, would we talk up a storm in the town square, spreading the gossips about "Mr. #extra small". Perhaps even then a storyteller, immortal or what have you might come down and possess "Mr. #extra small" and have him try to start a brawl room fight with us because his wife left him over the gossip that myself and said friend were spewing. Then perhaps my character might try to sleep with his wife, given the opportunity by said storyteller, although that may be pushing it a bit. I'd personally be happy with a good bar room brawl scene.

As a player, I try to give my characters life. If you, the coder, want to give your world life (unlike so many MUDs out there) then please, I for one encourage it.

I would really hope that any MUD, given that it's out of beta, would have more of what the players want and already have what they need set and ready for them.

I also hope in that long rant that I answered your original questions, OP. If not, then here's my answer; I would indeed enjoy intelligent AI. Do I expect it? No, because I can understand that that might be a bit too much work, and clutter.
Leech is offline   Reply With Quote