View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 04:08 AM   #7
John

John is on a distinguished road
Sure it upsets you, but it is hardly unreasonable. In businesses things change over time, sometimes by the person who originally made it, mostly by others. For example business websites. Those change all the time, incorporating old code into new code. I don't think it's unrealistic to say a lot of the time the people who made the original site aren't consulted.

A mud is no different. Everything you did, you did for the mud for no reason but to better the mud. This is how most muds work.

Actually that is unreasonable. Imagine this. mud Fun has builder Bob. Bob builds many areas for Fun that makes Fun popular. Fun has a high playerbase with Bob's areas being the most popular. But Bob decides he doesn't like Fun anymore and wants to leave so he demands that the areas he built be taken off the mud so he can then take them and incorporate them into a new mud.

Now imagine if every single coder and builder could do this. No-one would hire them because the risk would be too high. To come around afterwards and say the mud must remove the areas you want it to remove is unfair, especially considering the standard for muds and businesses is to have anything contributed to the business/mud be owned by the business/mud.

What you're asking, is very similar to someone saying "alright, you can have the areas, but you must pay me for my work." You worked to better the mud. You can't take away what you did just because you no longer like the mud (IMO).
John is offline   Reply With Quote