Thread: Player Ratings
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 11:51 AM   #5
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Even though this has some potential entertainment value, and even if it would be nice for Mud Administrators to vent at times, I still think this is a bad idea.

Mainly for the reason that KaVir already stated, that it's to easy for a player to change their identity. And naturally the bad eggs would be the most motivated to do that.

Of course it might be possible to, at least partly, keep track of players by their isps, but I think sharing isps publicly would be a really bad idea too. In fact, no real life information should be given out about any player without their consent, except in the cases perhaps where they committed some act that is a crime in RL as well. For instance stealing code, or ddosing a server, might be such a reason.

A much better option IMO, which I still hope that Synozeer will add some day, would be the ability to comment directly to a review in the Reviews section. This would at least give the Admin a chance to give their version of the issue, in case of inflammatory reviews. (To avoid this developing into flame wars, it could be restricted to one comment per review and actor).
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote