View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 02:42 AM   #137
Shao_Long

Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
the_logos:

As far as I'm aware, of all these thousands of people that come through TMS, only a small percentage has a TMS forum account, and even smaller percentage cares enough to use their account actively. Myself for example.

Most of players come here to look for a game, or to support the game they play already; I can't imagine why would an average player start reading through all the threads in the forums and "voicing their opinion" on how this site should be ran. If they don't like the site, they'll simply stop using it as much, or stop using the particular feature they dislike, or whatever.

Imagine a person new to mudding come to this site. Do you think they'd immediately start "voicing their concerns" with the rules of the site and the way it's ran? I don't think so.

Saying something like, "only few speak up on the matter, so this means no one else would like to see the changes you suggest" is simply ignorant and absurd.

Now this...
What is your definition of a "professional"? Someone who makes money off doing something? Or someone who does something well and is experienced in the field, no matter if they get paid for it or not? I think an Immortal who had been running a successful MUD for years and years deserves the title of a "professional", and money has nothing to do with it. If anything, a person that runs their MUD WITHOUT getting anything but personal satisfaction out of it, deserves more praise than any of the "professionals" who do it for cash.

And as far as your objections go against this suggested addition of 'business model listings' ... Why are you so concerned? Let's not add any "counter-proporsals", just tell us why are you so firmly disagreeing with having your business model listed ACCURATELY on the site?

It's a simple question, let's see a simple answer!
Shao_Long is offline   Reply With Quote