View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 08:08 AM   #140
somied

somied is on a distinguished road
Well, there is overwhelming evidence that people like fast food as it is (what's McDonalds up to now? 8 billion or so served?), however, I can say with 110% confidence that people would like it even more if it were healthier - a change for which there is no tangible evidence. But you and I and everyone else knows it's true, regardless - just like the TMS situation.

Anyways, the real reason you have a problem with informing potential players that your games are 'pay-for-perks' is because (as it's universally known in the world of advertising) it's bad for business to reveal your 'catches' before the players have time to get addicted first. It would net you less profit because this feature is generally considered undesirable, and without pre-existing addiction a good portion of MUD players won't dish out the money.

Whether or not this is morally right or wrong isn't up to me or anyone but yourself to decide. But for you to be publically opposed to an addition to this site that would only make it more user friendly and helpful for thousands of people, just because you stand to lose a little potential profit seems incredibly selfish to me.
somied is offline   Reply With Quote