View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 01:21 AM   #135
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
You don't even read entire posts do you? The entire point of that post was to demonstrate how a distinction, though true, may not contain all the information one feels needs to be given.

So, in other words, if someone is actually familiar with our business model through extensive experience, their opinion is invalidated. That's certainly one way to "win" an argument: simply tell the other side that their opinions have no validity.

I fail to see the relevance. Most users on TMS don't have forum accounts. That doesn't change the value of their opinions at all when they choose to create an account to post.

No, I'm not the voice of anyone but me, but then, I'm not the one telling Adam he should make changes to his site to satisfy me. All we have seen are a handful of TMS users asking for this change. That's it. Whether you come from hobbyist MUDs or PK MUDs or RPI muds is irrelevant. We have heard from whom we have heard from, and that's a handful of users out of thousands of TMS users, all of whom are visiting and using TMS despite this apparent huge sin of only listing whether a game is "pay-to-play" or not in terms of business models.

Whether you come from a variety of games or not doesn't change anything. You don't represent anyone but yourselves and that's just a few people. As I've said over and over, there are thousands of TMS users. Do you have a single whit of evidence to demonstrate that your view represents the majority of them? No.

I didn't call myself the majority. I did say that TMS has thousands of users and only a few of them seem to care about having this change made.

Chuckle.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote